Weight loss is becoming a major criterion for people because most of them are suffering from obesity.Obesity is nothing but putting weight on than required.This, in turn, results in many other side effects which become obstacles in the normal lifestyle.So, one should be very careful about their weight and must take remedies that control weight.In this article am going to discuss some commonly available kitchen spices used in weight loss.The following are some of the Indian spices which help in weight loss:
- Black pepper
- Fenugreek seeds
- Mustard seeds
- Coriander seeds
Ginger for weight loss
Ginger boosts metabolism by 20% and speeds up calorie burning process. By including little pieces of ginger in a dish and see how it fights obesity. It is also used to treat a sore throat and a number of other conditions. It has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that soothe the intestines.
- Take ginger piece regularly in your diet.
- Take a cup of ginger tea(1-inch ginger, 1-spoon of honey, 1-cup of warm water) early in the morning
Garlic for weight loss
Garlic contains a unique compound called allicin that suppresses hunger and boosts metabolism.Recent research has shown that it can melt the fat in your waistline that helps in weight loss.Garlic is having magical healing properties and also improves the immune system which can cure a cold to even cancer
- Consume one clove of garlic daily.
- Also, include garlic paste in regular dishes to add flavor and for weight loss.
Turmeric for weight loss
Turmeric, a bright yellow pigmented root used as a medicine in India for centuries. Curcumin, a compound responsible for turmeric’s bright color, is also responsible for melting fat. Turmeric helps to lower bad cholesterol levels in the blood and helps to reduce inflammation.
- Take two teaspoons of turmeric powder daily.
- Consume turmeric milk(glass of milk,1-spoon turmeric powder) or turmeric juice(1-cup water,1-spoon turmeric powder,1-spoon lime juice) for effective weight loss.
Cumin for weight loss
Cumin or Jeera is another popular spice that is used in almost every recipe in Indian cuisine. It helps the body get the required energy and is an excellent digestive. It is this digestive property that makes cumin an effective agent for weight loss.
- Take 2 teaspoons of soaked cumin seeds or 1 teaspoon of cumin powder daily.
- Drink cumin tea (2-spoons cumin seeds,1-cup hot water,1-spoon honey)regularly.
Black pepper seeds for weight loss
Black pepper is rich in piperine. Piperine gives black pepper its characteristic flavor. One of its characters is to inhibit the creation of fat cells, which help reduce weight. You can combine Black and Cayenne Pepper to speed up the fat burning process.
- Take 4-5 black pepper seeds or add its powder into your juice or food.
- Drink black pepper tea(1-spoon pepper powder,1-cup of hot water,1-spoon honey).
Cinnamon for weight loss
Cinnamon has both a sweet and strong flavor. It helps quicken metabolism and regulates blood sugar. It also plays a vital role in reducing LDL cholesterol and triglycerides. With its benefits, it becomes an ideal condiment for those with diabetes. Cinnamon can also boost your glucose metabolism, which helps improve blood sugar regulation.
- Take 1-2 teaspoons of cinnamon powder or a cinnamon bark soaked in water all night and drink water early in the morning.
- Drink cinnamon tea(1-cup of hot water,1-spoon of cinnamon powder) daily.
Fenugreek seeds for weight loss
Fenugreek seeds, also known as Greek clover and Methi. It is widely used to treat inflammation, constipation, obesity, polycystic ovarian disease, and helps to lower cholesterol.
- Take 2 teaspoons of Fenugreek seeds soaked overnight in a cup of water in the morning.
Mustard seeds for weight loss
Mustard seeds are black or yellowish white seeds of the mustard plant. It is mostly used in Indian curries, as a condiment, and salad dressing. These are low carbs and calories and are rich in vitamins such as vitamin B12, folate, thiamin, and niacin. It is also rich in omega-3-fatty acids and helps to lower the bad cholesterol levels.
- Take mustard seeds in your dishes daily.
Coriander seeds for weight loss
Coriander seeds are aromatic spice is regularly used in Indian cuisine. It is loaded with antioxidants, healthy fats, and minerals such as copper, potassium, zinc, calcium, and magnesium. It is also rich in vitamin C which boosts immunity.
- Take coriander powder as a spice in curries or consume seeds soaked overnight water.
Fennel seeds for weight loss
Fennel seeds are harvested from the fennel plant, which belongs to the carrot family. It is widely used as a culinary spice and also has medicinal uses. It has a sweet taste and helps in proper digestion. It is rich in antioxidants, dietary fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
- Take 2 teaspoons of fennel seeds or a teaspoon of fennel powder daily.
The above-mentioned spices help a lot in weight loss so we have to inhibit them in our regular diet.