Narendra Modi is not just a tall leader from BJP, but he is the Prime Minister of the country. Yet, Modi had not lived up to his stature when he had visited Telangana for BJP’s political campaign. Here are Modi’s top Five Mistakes in his speech during the election campaign in Telangana.
1. Raising about political roots of KCR, Modi had courted a self-goal. Accusing that KCR had done his apprentice from Congress and TDP , Modi comfortably forgot where BJP’s AP chief Kanna Lakshminarayana and Purandeswari came from.
Hasn’t Kanna come from Sonia and YSR’s school? And what about Daggubati Purandeswari who had served as Union Minister for 10 long years in Sonia’s UPA. Not just AP, BJP leaders who are in top positions today in several states were from Congress and other political rivals.
2. Pariwar? Alleging KCR of family rule, Modi has goofed up. While his party at the Centre might not be having dynasty politics, but BJP in several states is encouraging dynasty politics.
Not a month long ago in the Karnataka by-polls, BJP had fielded Yeddyurappa’s son Raghavendra from Shimoga Lok Sabha constituency. And in coming Assembly elections in Rajasthan, several BJP tickets have been given to family members and kin of the leaders from BJP and other political parties. In Madhya Pradesh too, BJP fielded kin of senior leaders of the party.
3. By targeting KCR mainly, Modi has really helped Congress and TDP combo. As the polls in Telangana are seen as referendum on KCR’s 4.5 year rule, whoever speaks against KCR would eventually benefit his nearest rival Congress. Also, not to forget that KCR could help BJP in the coming Lok Sabha elections. Since KCR cannot support Congress at the Centre, he has no other option left but to support BJP. By criticizing KCR badly, Modi has done a blunder of sorts.
4. Stating that TRS and Congress are playing “friendly match” in Telangana, Modi has done a major political blunder. While the fight between TRS and Congress is intense, Modi’s statement is evoking laughs even from commoners. If the battle between KCR and Congress is friendly, then the battle between BJP and Congress at the Centre could also be called “friendly”. Isn’t it?
5. Modi’s speech at Mahabubnagar is also under fire from locals. Modi had questioned KCR that why Mahabubnagar is facing drought situation despite two major rivers Krishna and Tungabhadra passing through the district. Modi also questioned why Palamuru is facing shortage of water. Yet again, it’s a goof-up from Modi.
Back in 2014 during poll campaign, then Opposition leader in Lok Sabha, Sushma Swaraj, had promised that Palamuru-Rangareddy Lift Irrigation Project would get National Irrigation Project status. Then why didn’t BJP accord any National status to any irrigation project in Telangana.